Must visit top 08 Forts & Palaces of Rajasthan!!!
Rajasthan, formerly known as Rajputana or the Land of the Royal Kings. It is the perfect example of India’s grandeur and magnificence dating back to several centuries. Majestic palaces of Rajasthan, white and golden-sand deserts, traditional crafts and authentic cuisine make Rajasthan an ideal choice for all kinds of travelers from all over the world.
The architectural legacy of hill-top forts and exquisite palaces of Rajasthan are its USP narrating their tales to the inquisitive tourists. The land of sands and forts depicts the glorious past of various Rajputs rulers whose name is written in golden letters in the historical books and epical poems.
The biggest state in India is gifted with bounty of natural beauty where vast sands and exquisite buildings speak itself the exemplary courage and patriotism of Rajput kings.
The deep lakes at the lap of Aravali range are as lively as local festivals and fairs. Rajasthan is popular with indigenous and exotic tourists alike for its majestic forts, palaces, deserts, lakes, multiple temples which leave an indelible impression on the mind of travelers.
Rajasthan (formerly known as Rajputana) is immersed in rich traditional heritage and at the same level celebrating modernity. We have chosen top 08 forts and palaces of royal state of Rajasthan which make it one of the most-sought after tourist destinations of India.
01. Mehargarh Fort in Jodhpur: The Mehrangarh Fort is one of India’s largest forts. This mammoth fort is located in Jodhpur (also known as the Blue City of India) in the desert state of Rajasthan, India. The massive Mehrangarh Fort is the most major attraction of Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India. No one can imagine complete tours to Rajasthan without paying a visiting to this majestic fort of Rajasthan, India. Rao Jodha Ji (the founder of the city of Jodhpur, also known as the Sun City) founded this majestic fort in the year of 1459. Located on atop a hill, the mammoth Mehrangarh Fort depicts the rich history and culture of Rajasthan of bygone aera.
To enter in this magnificent fort, there are three imposing gates which were built to honor and memorize important victories. When you will enter inside the fort, you cannot remain without being stunned at some elegant and stunning palaces inside the fort. These palaces are the living acknowledgment to the supreme standard of craftsmanship and architectural skill of those days. The fort with its elegant palaces never fails to captivate its visitor in its magical charm. The most predominant feature of this mammoth fort is it has never been seized by others. The wall of this majestic and unconquerable fort is six metre thick.
Among various elegant palaces inside the fort complex, the Moti Mahal (Pearl Palace) is one of the major attractions of this fort. The palace is built of richly carved stones. Grand Umaid Vilas Palace inside the fort complex shows some extraordinary Rajasthani miniature art and painting works. The Ajit Villa of this fort complex contains the rich collection of royal costumes, attires, and musical instruments. The Phool Mahal (Flower Palace) contains the legendary Jodhpur Coat of Arms. The ramparts of Phool Mahal are beautified with superb art works which depicts various melodious scenes. Welcome to Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India and visit majestic Mehrangarh Fort. Jodhpur is well-connected and linked with all the major destinations of India by air, rail or road.
02. Hawa Mahal in Jaipur: Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds) is one of most important attractions of Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan, India. The major landmark of Jaipur, Hawa Mahal offers a mesmerizing sight to observe. Hawa Mahal was built by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh in the year of 1799. Hawa Mahal is a marvelous Rajputana architecture, telling the magnificence of royal family. But it is fantastically blended with Mughal architecture. In fact it is the excellent example of Rajputana and Mughal architectural skill. This feature of Hawa Mahal makes it different from others. The Built in red and pink sandstone, the Hawa Mahal is a five-storey building having 953 small windows decorated with petite lattice work, screened balconies, and arched roofs. The fantastic architecture of Hawa Mahal was designed by Lal Chand Usta.
Looking like a honeycomb, the Hawa Mahal was mainly constructed for the ladies of royal families to see the everyday life or processions in the street without being seen. Hawa Mahal is a five-storey building. When you will explore the bizarre Hawa Mahal you will also see a small archaeological museum here. The Hawa Mahal offers the spectacular view of the city, particularly the Jantar Mantar Observatory. Jantar Mantar is also one of the major attractions of Jaipur. In the early morning when the golden rays of the Sun fall on the Hawa Mahal, it creates a spectacular view. The beauty of Hawa Mahal is incomparable and possible beyond the description.
If you really want to visit Hawa Mahal, then pack and lift your bags and head for Jaipur – the capital of Rajasthan, India and popularly described as the Pink City of India. And indulge yourself in Rajasthan Holiday with Top India Trips to visit the Hawa Mahal as well as other attractions of Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. Jaipur is well-connected by domestic airline with all the major cities of India. Jaipur is also well-connected with other major destinations of India by rail and road. Delhi, the capital of India, is the most important base to visit Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
03. Jaisalmer Fort in Jaisalmer: Also known as Sonar Kila or Golden Fort, Jaisalmer Fort is the major hallmark of the desert city of Jaisalmer, Rajasthan, India. Jaisalmer Fort is one of the largest desert forts of the world. The massive structure of Jaisalmer Fort was constructed on the order Bhatti Rajput ruler Rawal Jaisal in the year of 1156. The second oldest fort in Rajasthan, the Jaisalmer Fort is a worth visiting and worth retaining monument in your conscious mind. One cannot imagine complete tours to Jaisalmer without visiting this massive fort.The Jaisalmer Fort stands proudly on the stretched desert of Thar and speaks the glory of bygone era. When the rays of the Sun fall on this fort it shines like a golden structure. So, the fort is also called the Golden Fort or Sonar Kila. The massive Jaisalmer Fort occupies around thirty metre of the city and encircles almost entire living area within its huge fortification. While you explore the fort complex and walk through the narrow lanes, you will observe mesmerizing experience. The fort contains several beautiful havelis, elegant palaces and Jain Temples.During exploring the fort complex, you cannot spare with being fascinated with the beautiful carving on the walls of the fort. This fort is approachable by 4 massive gates, Bhoot Pol, Hawa Pol, Suraj Pol and Ganesh Pol. Besides several palaces and temples, there are 99 bastions inside this fort complex. Some major attractions inside the fort complex are, Raj Mahal, Jain Temples, Massive Gates and stunning Havelis. The desert city of Jaisalmer is well-connected by road and rail with all the major destinations of India. To arrive in Jaisalmer to visit the majestic Jaisalmer Fort by air, the nearest airport is Jodhpur airport. Jodhpur is well-connected with all the domestic airlines of India.
04. Jal Mahal in Jaipur: Jal Mahal is one of the most worth visiting attractions of Rajasthan tours. Located in the capital of Rajasthan – Jaipur, this beautiful palace was built in the 18th century by Swai Pratap Singh. Near Nahargarh hills, spectacularly located amidst the nice-looking Mansagar Lake offers a mesmerizing sight for tourists. When you will see Jal Mahal in Jaipur, you will surly marvel at its architectural beauty. Erstwhile this architecturally beautiful palace was used for the royal duck shooting.Constructed as an enjoyment spot and marvelously situated in the middle of picturesque Mansagar Lake, Jal Mahal is a five-storey elegant palace. The first four floors of the Jal Mahal remains being plunged under water of lake. When you will go to visit to Jal Mahal you will also see the Nahargarh Fort which is situated nearby. The Nahargarh Fort offers a spectacular view of the Jal Mahal and the Mansagar Lake. Located on the eastern side of the Mansagar Lake, the Mansagar Dam offers splendid views of Jal Mahal Palace. The Mansagar Lake also offers a mesmerizing site for bird viewing. It is bird watcher’s paradise. Here you will have to see a variety of local birds and migratory birds as well. Your will have to see cenotaphs of the royal family opposite the Jal Mahal Palace.If you are really interested to visit Jal Mahal then pack and lift your bags and head for Jaipur – the capital of Rajasthan, India. Top India Trips welcomes you to Jaipur. Arrive in Jaipur and visit the Jal Mahal Palace with other attractions of Jaipur, such as City Palace, Hawa Mahal, Amber Fort, and Nahargarh Fort. Be sure, your tours to Jaipur with Top India Trips will be a mesmerizing and rewarding experience.Jaipur is well connected with all the major cities of India by air, rail and road. Excellent bus services are available within the state. Agar and Delhi connect Jaipur with excellent bus services. Jaipur can be also covered by India’s most beautiful and famous train – the Palace of Wheel which makes you feel like a king or prince.
05. Junagarh Fort in Bikaner: Junagarh Fort is considered as one of the most magnificent forts of northern India. This grand fort is located in the city of Bikaner (popularly described as Camel City or Camel Country), in the desert state of Rajasthan, India. It is one of the fines Rajputana monuments. This magnificent fort was constructed by Raja Rai Singh in 1588 AD. Raja Rai Singh was the sixth ruler of Bikaner, who governed from 1571 to 1611 AD. The fort was attacked several times but it in vain. It was never conquered. The fort is rich in its architecture. Generally, other forts were built on a hill top but it is one of the few major forts, which are not built on a hill top. The fort is surrounded by high wall.
Junagarh Fort is one of the major landmarks of Bikaner, Rajasthan, India. Perhaps your tours to Bikaner will be incomplete without visiting this massive fort. The fort is architecturally rich and beautiful. The fort complex houses several elegant palaces, pavilions, courtyards, balconies, and terrific temples. The walls of the fort are embellished with marble, carved stones, beautiful paintings, and semi-precious stones. Palaces inside the fort complex were built by different rulers. Some major Palaces of this magnificent fort are Anup Mahal, Karan Mahal, Suraj Pol, Badal Mahal or Cloud Palace, Durga Niwas, Chand Mahal or Moon Palace, Phool Mahal or Flower Palace and Lal Niwas.
One of the most imposing palaces of the fort complex, Anup Mahal provides a great feast to its visitors’ eyes. The walls of this palace are beautified with colorful glass inlay. Badal Mahal’s walls are also decorated with beautiful painting with the theme of rain clouds. Karan Pol is the main entrance of the fort complex. Ahead of it Suraj Pol welcomes you. Other palaces, like Ganga Niwas, Rang Mahal or palace of pleasure, Flower Place, Moon Palace, and Durga Niwas are also worth visiting. There is also a museum inside fort premises. The fort museum is rich in its collections. If you really want to visit Junagarh Fort then pack and lift your bags and head for Bikaner, in Rajasthan, India. During your visit to Bikaner, you will also have a glorious opportunity to see other attractions of Bikaner, such as Camel Breeding Farm & Research Centre, Jain Temples, etc, besides Junagarh Fort. To arrive in Bikaner by air, the nearest airport is in Jodhpur. Bikaner is well-connected by road and rail with all the major destinations of India.
06. Kumbhalgarh Fort: Top India Trips welcomes you to Rajasthan, India and invites you to visit the majestic Kumbhalgarh Fort in pompously located in Rajasthan, India. Kumbhalgarh Fort is the second most important fort after Chittorgarh in the Mewar region of Rajasthan, India. Pompously set amidst the group of thirteen mountain peaks of the amazing Aravali Range, this massive fort is located at the distance of 64 km from the city of sunrise – Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. The massive fort stretches out in Rajasamand district of Rajasthan, India. The fort is easily reachable from the City of Lakes – Udaipur. The formidable and unconquerable citadel of Kumbhalgarh Fort was built in the 15th century by Maharana Kumbha
The walls of this majestic fort are very thick and wide enough for running eight side by side horses. Kumbhalgarh Fort’s wall is considered as the second largest wall in the world after the Great Wall of China. There are numerous elegant palaces, terrific temples and beautiful gardens inside this huge fort complex which make the fort more splendid. When you will go to way to the Kumbhalgarh Fort, you have to across zigzag road passing through deep narrow valleys and dense jungles. You will also have to across watch-tower and seven massive gateways like Hulla Pol, Ram Pol, Hanuman Pol, Paghra Pol, Top-Khana Pol, Bharava Pol, and Nimboo Pol.
Besides elegant palaces, massive gateways and grand ramparts, the fort complex also house terrific temples not less than 360. Among all the temples of the fort premise Shiva Temple is the worth visiting. The temple contains a huge Shivalinga. The elegant palaces of the fort complex rightly prove the royal experience of your Rajasthan tour to visit the Kumbhalgarh Fort. Perched on the top of structure, the Badal Mahal (Palace of Cloud) is beautiful palace and has a distinction of being birth place of Mewar’s legendary king and great warrior Maharana Pratap. There rooms of the Badal Mahal are beautiful and colored with fantastic combination of lovely colors. When you will explore the Badal Mahal of Kumbhalgarh Fort, you will observe that you are wondering in the world of clouds. The Badal Mahal (Cloud Palace) offers a spectacular vista of the Kumbhalgarh’s surroundings. In the late 19th century, the fort was renovated by Maharana Fateh Pratap Singh.
07. Lake Palace in Udaipur: Arising out of placid lake – Lake Pichola, Lake Palace is the most important tourist attraction in the Romantic City, Udaipur in the state of Rajasthan, India. No one can imagine a complete Rajasthan tour without visit this outstanding palace. The beauty of Lake Palace is incomparable, exceptional and beyond the description. Converted into an imposing 5 star heritage hotel, this elegant palace is worth visiting palace in Udaipur. The palace is located in the middle of breathtakingly beautiful lake – Lake Pichola and seems to be arising out form the lake. Taking a boat ride over the romantic water of Lake Pichola offers a spectacular view of the palace and mesmerizing experience. This elegant palace was built by Maharana Jagat Singh in the year of 1743. It was constructed as a Royal Summer Palace during that time and now it has been converted into a magnificent 5 star heritage hotel.
The romantic Lake Palace of the Romantic City, Udaipur, contains several elegant apartments within its campus. They are Phool Mahal, Bada Mahal, Ajjan Niwas, Dhola Mahal, Bada Mahal and Kush Mahal. The architecture of this palace is superb. Converted into a heritage hotel, the palace contains 83 rooms including 17 beautiful suits and 53 deluxe rooms. The suites and rooms of this palace hotel are superbly decorated. If you are really interested to enjoy the magic of Lake Palace then pack and lift your bags and head for romantic Udaipur, one of the most romantic cities of the world. The city of dawn – Udaipur, is well-connected with all the major tourist destinations of India by air, road and rail.
08. Amber Fort in Jaipur: Amber Fort, also known as Amer Fort, is one of the major attractions of a visit to Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. Just 11 kilometres away from Jaipur, Amber Fort is located on the hill. The hill surrounds the city of Jaipur and overlooks the spectacular view of the city. The magnificent Amber Fort was built by Raja Man Singh in the year of 1592. The construction of the fort was stated by Raja Man Singh but finished by his descendant Jai Singh I. The fort is built with white marble and red sandstone. Mahota Lake in the foreground enhances the beauty of this elegant fort complex. Viewing the fort’s reflection in lake water offers a spectacular and mesmerizing experience. The fort also overlooks the spectacular views of the city.
The Amber Fort Complex houses elegant palaces, massive gateways, pillared pavilions, courtyards and terrific temples. Architecturally beautiful the Amber Fort offers a great feast to its visitors’ eyes. Inside the fort complex you will see the beautifully decorated courtyard, painted gateways, Hall of Diwan-i-Am and Sheesh Mahal (Palace of Mirrors). The wall of the Sheesh Mahal is decorated with fine mirrors. Inside the fort complex, the Jas Mandir is also worth visiting. It is set on the upper floor of the fort. It is the excellent amalgamation of Reputing and Mughal architecture. It is beautified with exquisitely carved Jali screens and fine mirrors.
Entering through the ‘Dil-E-Aaram’ Garden to the fort complex provides a mind-blowing experience. This breathtakingly beautiful garden is laid out in the traditional Mughal style. While exploring the fort complex you will also see the terrific temple of Kali (the Hindu Goddess). Raja Man Singh was the great devotee of Goddess Kali.
If you are in Rajasthan, India don’t miss to take opportunity to visit grand Amber Fort. Taking an elephant ride from the bottom of the hill to the fort makes feel you a royal experience. Top India Trips invites and welcomes you to Jaipur, Rajasthan, India to visit the Amber Fort among other attractions of Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
Being a popular tourist destination, Jaipur is well-connected with all the major cities of India by air, rail and road. Excellent bus services are available within the state. Agar and Delhi connect Jaipur with excellent bus services. Jaipur can be also covered by India’s most beautiful and famous train – the Palace of Wheel which makes you feel like a king or prince.